NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of the BIODIVERSITY & ALLOTMENT COMMITTEE will be held at Bryntirion & Laleston Community Centre on Tuesday 6 February 2024 at 6.30pm. The agenda for the meeting is set out below:
This is a public meeting and members of the public and press are welcome to attend to observe proceedings.
1. To appoint a Chair for the meeting.
2. To receive apologies for absence.
3. Representation from members of the public.
4. To receive Declarations of Interest (if any) of Members in respect of the business to be transacted
5. To receive Minutes of previous meetings held on 21 November 2023 and consider matters arising from the Minutes but not included in the agenda.
6. To consider the request of Plot 7a erecting a 7 x 5 polytunnel.
7. To discuss and agree to the installation of a blue street water sign for allotment water outlet. To include clarification if the water outlet is not in use at specific times of the year.
8. To consider the reported crack in boundary wall to the rear of Plot 11a. Pictures included in supporting documents.
9. To receive an update regarding advice received from National Allotment Society relating to the erection of shed on plot 32.
10. To provide clarification to a plot holders query, relating to point 1e) Allocation of Allotment Plots. Allotment Agreement attached for reference.
11. To consider investigating costings for Allotment Software and ascertain whether its use would reduce and/or streamline allotment processes and administration.
12. To agree on the annual administrative process for Allotment Agreements and payments.
- Plot holders who haven’t returned their tenancy agreements be written to with a hard copy of the agreement and a further 28 days to sign or hand back their plot.
- To agree process that next year all tenancy agreements to be sent out by hard copy in the post.
- Plot holders to receive written acknowledgement that their agreement and payment has been received.
13. To receive an Arboricultural Assessment report for Laleston Allotments and Orchard in Broadlands.
14. To agree to progress with Biodiversity specialist Mr Andrew King for urgent initial maintenance of the orchard and a long term management plan and to explore a community asset transfer of the Orchard from Bridgend County Borough Council.
15. To receive any recommendations from other Committees or Council.
16. To review the Committee’s Meeting dates and consider any matters relevant to the Committee for discussion at the next meeting.
Clerk to Laleston Community Council
Email – email@example.com Mobile – 07375918803