Laleston Community Council
Minutes of the Special Meeting of Laleston Community Council held remotely on 8 October 2020 commencing at 6.00pm.
Present: Cllr’s A Berrow, B Davies, C Davies, P Davies, J P Blundell, C Green, T Green, C Smith and D Wooldridge
In attendance: Clerk – Gail Jewell
1 19.280 Council undertook a period of silent reflection.
2. 19.281 Apologies for Absence: Cllrs I Spiller and M Fouracre
3. 19.282 Declarations of Interest: None
4. 19.283 Cylch Meithrin Gwdihw
The Clerk circulated an email received from Mudiad Meithrin which detailed potential suitability issues with the facilities at Bryntirion Community Centre.
Members confirmed that a written response be provided to outline the following:
· that in the first instance an Inspection take place to ascertain if the room comes up to the expectations and legal obligations that are required by law.
· As stated in the minimum standards, the registered person (the registered child minder or registered provider of day care) is ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance and that the premises are fit for purpose – for the provision of child minding and of day care.
· Any spend made would be from public money which is required to be shared across the ward area with fairness and equity.
· As the building is a Community Centre, it cannot be adapted for singular use of any one club or association.
· LCC have carried out extensive building works and alterations to the Centre to ensure the building is compliant with the Disability Discrimination Act and health and safety regulations.
· LCC has already been very obliging with the registered provider of by supplying a container for storage free of charge; a separate toilet with changing facilities for babies and young children and an external door to provide its own entrance to the building, thus keeping the Nursery contained and private.
There being no further business, the meeting ended at 6.35pm.