Laleston Community Council
Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of Laleston Community Council held remotely on 18 June 2020 commencing at 7.30pm.
Present: Cllr’s A Berrow, B Davies, C Davies, M Fouracre, P Davies, I Spiller, J P Blundell, C Green, T Green and C Smith
In attendance: Clerk – Gail Jewell
1. 19.243 Apologies for Absence: Cllrs T Turner and D Wooldridge
2. 19.244 Declarations of Interest: Cllr J P Blundell – Item 12 – Prejudicial Interest as Member of the Planning Committee at Bridgend County Borough Council (BCBC).
3. 19.245 Council received the Minutes from the previous meeting held on 21 May 2020 and Approved them as a true and accurate record, proposed by Cllr C Green and seconded by Cllr B Davies.
4. 19.246 Council noted the presented list of actions carried out since the last meeting. In addition, Cllr T Berrow confirmed that the plaque requested by Laleston WI had been installed in Laleston bus shelter.
5. 19.247 No quotations were presented
6. 19.248 Bryntirion Community Centre
In relation to the impending building works on the Centre, Cllr T Berrow confirmed that social distancing implications due to Covid-19 would extend the work duration by approximately 3 weeks.
7. 19.249 Blandy Hall
Following discussions, it was agreed that the Chair and Clerk would lead on exploring the membership of Blandy Trust and look to include representation from LCC.
8. 19.250 Laleston Allotments
In relation to previous discussions to amend an existing allotment plot to create 3 or 4 accessible plots for disabled gardeners, a Member suggested carrying out a site visit to an allotment site that has been adapted for inspiration.
9. 19. 251 Due to the fact that the Clerk was unable to present, Council agreed to defer the Finance Update until the next meeting.
10. 19.252 Personnel Issues
Council Approved the presented forward work programme for the Facilities Officer and the model contracts of employment for all staff.
The HR Committee Agreed to convene a meeting to create a process to undertake performance reviews for all staff.
11. 19.253 Correspondence Received
|Email Received from Blandy Trust requesting to be kept informed of any proposed works in and around Blandy Hall.||Noted|
|Received a thank you letter from the Foodbank for donation made by LCC outlining the impact it will make with helping individuals and families in crisis in the borough as the distribution centres have seen a 47% increase in referrals compared to last year.
Circulated prior to meeting.
12 19.254 To consider Planning Applications received:
Applicant: Mr & Mrs M Dando
Location: 24 Dol Nant Dderwen Bridgend CF31 5AA Proposal: Single storey rear extension and first floor side extension
Date: 12 May 2020
Applicant: Mr K Williams
Location: 4 Bryn Henfaes Broadlands CF31 5EW Proposal: First floor rear extension and alterations
Date: 05 June 2020
Applicant: Mr D Perry
Location: Land at Broadlands House Broadlands Bridgend CF32 0NS
Proposal: Construction of 3 detached dwellings
Date: 10 June 2020
|Object. Request a site visit.|
Applicant: Mrs C Howe
Location: 4 Ffordd Yr Afon Cefn Glas CF31 4UB Proposal: Demolish front porch and erect single storey wet room/sitting room/porch extension
Date: 10 June 2020
To conclude the meeting, Council thanked Cllr T Berrow for going over and above his required duties whilst carrying out his role as Chair.
There being no further business, the meeting ended at 7.55pm.
The next meeting will be held remotely on Thursday 16 July 2020.