Date listed 29/01/1998
Nat Grid ref 28744 17979
Nearly opposite Ty Mawr on the North side of the main village thoroughfare.
One of a series of cast iron mileposts erected 1830,s for the Bridgend Turnpike Trust. The road was first turnpiked in 1764.
Included as good example of an elaborately detailed cast iron milepost.
Fraser D E, The Development of the road System in Glamorgan up to 1884, unpublished thesis 1940.